National level positions
As a grassroots organization, DFLA needs talented, committed volunteers. Our volunteers work with a small but brilliant team of passionate activists to supercharge DFLA. You will steer our organization at a crucial time of growth, spearhead an upswell in the Democratic Party, and help protect society’s most vulnerable, from pre-born children to those on death row. You will have opportunities to engage with prominent elected pro-life Democrats and have substantial responsibility.
No prior charitable, political, or activist experience is required, but we benefit tremendously from self-starters who define their own role, are highly organized, and are able to drive initiatives to completion.
If you are interested in any of the positions below, please submit your resume and a cover letter to the portal here. Please address any questions about any of the roles to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Member, Board of Directors (note: comes with financial commitment)
- Join monthly calls to guide DFLA's strategy
- Run DFLA committees
- Support the financial growth of DFLA
- Media Director
- Cultivate press contacts
- Write press releases and organize op eds
- Legislative Director
- Write DFLA policy positions on legislation
- Lobby Democratic legislators to support pro-life and Whole Life legislation
- Candidate Support Director
- Produce mailers for endorsed candidates
- Run town halls with endorsed candidates
- Events Director
- Coordinate DFLA events (e.g., caucuses, conferences)
- Come up with event initiatives
- Regional Coordinators (North East, West, Midwest, South East)
- Hold regional calls every month for allocated state chapters
- Guide state chapters on growth and activities
- PAC Director
- Begin a DFLA PAC to support pro-life Democrats
- Raise money for that PAC
- Intern (college students only)
- Support our Executive Director directly
- Earn college credit
- State Chapter President
- Begin a state chapter to lobby in your state and support local pro-life Democrats
- Apply to run a state chapter here
Note that DFLA does not have local chapters (i.e., county-level); we only have state-level chapters.